Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fight Club

I had fight club last night. That is what my church calls cell groups. I've also heard them called home groups. I really like them. What was so cool about last night is that we had some new people from other fight clubs come to check us out. I don't know if they were just visiting for ideas, or considering attending. It was nice to see them, either way! I really like going to fight club. Half the time I'm in and out because of the kids (yup, they come along), but I love to visit with them, and discuss and study with them too. It has really helped me to gain ownership of my church. I think that is something that I have really struggled with since we've left the Army. But huzzah, getting over that. Fight club has really helped me to feel connected! Now I just have to find a good way that I can consistently serve. I don't know what that is yet though. It's hard to do a lot with the kids at their age... I can always work in the nursery, or with Joshy's age kids, but that means missing church - and though I like helping out, I feel like I need church too! I just discovered that Erik (my pastor) has put his sermons up on a podcast. Maybe that solves that problem. We'll see! TTFN, friends.

No comments: